2020 ACE Certified Participant
Adam Cartozian achieved the highest level of First Tee - ACE!
- Adam Williams is one of 10 participants this year, and one of more than 150 since 2006, to achieve Ace certification. He was recognized for this on June 30th at St Stanislaus Golf Course. To become Ace-certified, participants must complete four major projects – Community Service, Career, Educational Opportunities and Golf – which are submitted and reviewed by a national committee. It is a notable feat and the honorable culmination of hours of volunteering, goal-setting, preparation and practice.
"Becoming ACE certified is one of the highest accomplishments I have ever achieved. It was the single greatest goal I set for myself in the First Tee. Starting from the age of seven, I remember watching older participants work towards their ACE certification, and from that point forward, becoming ACE certified was my ultimate goal. Although the four projects that I completed for ACE were time consuming and challenging at times, persevering to completion was truly rewarding. I am honored to be one of only ten participants ACE certified in the past year. I am eager to inspire fellow younger participants to not only perfect their golf skills, but also help teach them the valuable life skills that the First Tee has instilled in me" - Adam Cartozian.
First Tee has many opportunities for participants to grow and network outside of their own chapter. The national opportunities that First tee provides allows participants to travel all over the United States, share their experiences with the game of gold, and make long lasting friendships along the way.
- First Tee College Scholarship Program - This program awards participants who excel in academics, leadership, character development, and chapter and community involvement. Thanks to our generous donors, First Tee is proud to offer up to a $20,000 scholarship, mentoring throughout the college experience, professional development workshops and assistance in securing internships and jobs through the First Tee College Scholarship Program. (Deadline: March 01, 2023)
- Stanislaus Community Foundation Scholarship - Each year, Stanislaus Community Foundation and its partners award over $300,000 in scholarships to over 200 local students through our Scholarship Program. The program offers financial assistance to Stanislaus County residents pursuing higher education at an accredited college, university, or vocational college through multiple scholarship funds. (Deadline: March 10, 2023) https://www.stanislauscf.org/scholarships
- First Tee National Championship – This tournament brings together First Tee’s top players for an opportunity to showcase how the program has helped build the strength of character needed to play under pressure at the collegiate and/or next level. First Tee National Championship is played at acclaimed college campuses, including Clemson University, Notre Dame and Stanford University, and is the only national event that is purely tournament golf. (Stanford, Ca.)
- First Tee Game Changer Academy - Participants selected to attend the academy will participate in important conversations around issues of identity, racism, diversity, equity and inclusion. First Tee invites its partner, RISE, a national leader in the sports community championing social justice and working to improve race relations, to facilitate engaging and interactive workshops paired with introspective activities and reflections led by our nationally trained First Tee coaches. The experience is designed to enlighten, inspire, encourage, and position our teens to be advocates for justice and social change in their current and future communities. First Tee Game Changers Academy is the ultimate tribute to Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., a fearless champion of change. (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Participant Advisory Council- First Tee Participant Advisory Council (PAC) advises HQ on matters pertinent to all First Tee participants. It is critical for youth to be heard, and the PAC provides an important forum for youth to express themselves, voice their ideas, and provide input for projects or programs that impact the experience of all First Tee participants. (Jacksonville, FL.)
- PURE Insurance Championship - This tournament is an official PGA TOUR Champions event at Pebble Beach Golf Links on the Monterey Peninsula that pairs one junior with a PGA TOUR Champions player and two amateurs, providing life-changing mentoring opportunities. To be selected, juniors are measured on their playing ability as well as their personal growth and life skills learned through First Tee’s programs. The tournament is televised nationally on Golf Channel. (Pebble Beach, Ca.)
- First Tee Innovators Forum - Selected participants have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders through interactive workshops and small group breakout sessions. By bringing together passionate participants from across the chapter network, First Tee Innovators Forum provides a distinctive enrichment experience, engaging teens who share a similar desire for learning and generating changes in their communities. (Jacksonville, FL.)
- First Tee Drive Your Future Academy (Female Only Event) - The five-day academy experience focuses on the importance of building a strong network and how to approach mentorship opportunities, navigating post-graduation and career planning, and appreciating the value/impact of volunteerism.The selected teens will have an opportunity to participate in activity-based workshops with female industry leaders in technology, STEM, and business development, as well as a golf outing. (San Fransisco, Ca.)